Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Corrections

So I went into chapter 40 of Shifts in Life yesterday and finally proof read the chapter. As expected there were a large number of errors. I'm honestly not all that surprised to see the number of mistakes I made.

I think my biggest is homophones. I've always had issues with using words like your and you're, and their, there and they're correctly. I'm pretty sure the reason for this is actually because of my typing speed. I have a 92 word per minute typing speed, which I'm sure is pretty damn fast compared to most people. While this in some cases can be a boon, it also causes a lot of problems. Because I type so damn fast, my fingers are moving faster than my brain can interpret what I am typing. Naturally, due to this my fingers will often type the words I use the most, or the words that are easiest and most common.

What I'll be working on next:

Right now, I'll be working on two different stories. First, I'm going to try and finish up chapter 4 for Harry Potter and the Heir of Slytherin. It's nearly done, I just have one last scene I need to finish and than I can proof read it and post it.

Second, I really want to get started on my next chapter of Shifts in Life. I'm on the last chapter for the Cursed Warrior arc and I really want to get it out of the way so I can move on to other plots. After that? Well, I think I may go in and start writing the next chapter for Ashikabi no Shinobi, as that one seems to be a favorite among readers.