Thursday, April 25, 2013

Status Report, ASAP!

Not much is happening right now, at least as far as my stories are concerned. I'm currently 2,223 words into the next chapter of Shifts in Life. I really want to finish this chapter because it's the last arc to the Land of Birds story, and I'm really getting sick of the Cursed Warrior business. It's time for a change in scenery, dammit!

That being said, I spent most of my time yesterday after work typing on that, and the rest of my time reading other people's fanfiction. And is it just me? Or are very few people actually updating their stories these days? I don't know if it's just because I'm a super picky reader, but it doesn't look like many people are actually updating their stories all that much anymore. All of my favorite authors and stories seem to be getting really sow updates and I really don't know why.

It's pissing me off!

But I digress. There's not much I can do about other authors but complain, and I doubt you want to hear my complaints.

So let's talk about something else, something interesting, like, say, Star Wars. Yes, Star Wars. For those of you who are fans of Star Wars, you probably already know that Disney bought the entire Star Wars franchise from George Lucas. They are planning on making episode VII, which has been announced will be released some time in 2015. To top it off, they plan on releasing a new Star Wars movie each year.

Pretty Awesome, right?

Anyways, aside from this, the only other interesting thing I can think of is when Patton Osswald guest starred in Parks & Recreation to create his Star Wars Filibuster, which is essentially him talking about what's going to be happening in the next set of movies.

Bassically, he somehow managed to crossover Star Wars with the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, X-men and Clash of the Titans. If you are interested in seeing his eight minute rantathon, here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BBhNkywMJY