Monday, April 22, 2013

Status Updates on my Stories

I figured I'd give you guys a status update to let you know where I am with my stories, that way you can make a guestimation about how long it will take before they are complete.

Ashikabi no Shinobi:

I haven't actually started writing the next chapter for this story. This next chapter is actually going to be the most difficult one I've done so far because it's pretty much all fighting. I have five separate fight scenes featuring Musubi, Tsukiumi, Homura, Akitsu, and Uzume, and then I have Naruto doing his ninja thing.

For those of you who have already figured it out, I'm basically a fluff writer. A lot of my writing focuses more around romance and character development than combat and epic battles. I can write epic battles of course, but it's not my forte.

Namikaze's Return:

Pretty much for the same reason I haven't started Ashikabi no Shinobi, I have not gotten started on Namikaze's Return. I'm at Pain's assault on Kumogakure and I need to make it feel realistic... or as realistic as is acceptable for a story based off a shounen manga. Anyways, I'm currently doing a lot of research into the more prominent ninja of Kumo so I can create reasonably awesome fight scenes, but it's a slow going process.

Shifts in Life:

This one I'm actually doing a good deal of writing for. I now have 4,443 words written for this coming chapter. I'm thinking it's going to be a bit shorter when compared to some of my other chapters, but there's not much I can do about that. There is only so many details and descriptions that can be added before it begins to feel like you are just trying to up the word count.

Harry Potter and the Heir of Slytherin:

I've gotten the farthest with this story, 7,249 words, and am actually nearing the end of the chapter. I'm a bit stuck on one point right now, trying to write a description of a building that is currently playing a bit more prominently in the chapter. I just don't know how to properly describe it, so I'm looking up architecture designs and jargon to help me.

Ugh, research, the bane of my existence.

Uzumaki Naruto: Birth of the New Demon King:

No new updates for this one coming in any time soon. As I said before this story is a writing exercise. I have absolutely no clue what I am going to write until I actually start writing it. Sort of. I don't write unless I have at least a general idea, but I have no real plans or even notes to tell me what I want to have written. I honestly have no clue when this story will be updated.

Story of the Ten Tailed Wolf:

While I do have some footnotes on how this next arc is going to go, I am currently focusing on my more popular stories. Much as I enjoy writing this story, it's just not as well liked as my other ones, which is obvious by it's lower review count. I'll probably get started on the next chapter in a month or two. Maybe.