Monday, April 29, 2013

The Answers to all your questions

Alchemy.

Many of you seem to have realized this already, but the way Alchemy works in my story was taken directly from Fullmetal Alchemist. In fact, the description of how Alchemy works was almost quoted word for word from the Fullmetal Alchemist page on Wikipedia.

There are only a few differences in FMA Alchemy and the Alchemy in my story. The first is that in FMA, Alchemists use the power of the world to power their Transmutation Circles. In my story, Alchemists use their own magic. The second is that there is no Gate of Truth. Sorry to all of you who were hoping Harry would meet God, or whatever that creepy dude who looked like a black silhouette was, but he doesn't exist in this story.

Chemistry?

A number of people disliked how much detail went into the chemistry part of this chapter where I was describing the chemical compound of Mercury. Don't worry, this was pretty much a one time thing. The reason I had it was because Harry is just starting to learn Alchemy, and I wanted to show all of you his thoughts, as well as another part of his character. I feel it's important for you to understand how he thinks. Harry is first and foremost in this fic, a scientist when it comes to magic.

Perennelle's Attitude Problem.

Some people liked her attitude and some people didn't, citing that she was supposedly super kind and giving and compassionate in JK Rowling's books and she acts like a harpy in this story.

Personally, I find my version of her more realistic than JK's. Let's face it, JK Rowling was writing for children. Naturally, everybody except for the bad guy is going to be good and kind and compassionate.

The way I see it, Perennelle and her husband have been around for 600 years. That's got to create some major change in the way they perceive other people. They are immortal, they are wealthy, and they have seen and done more things than anyone else alive today. It would not surprise me if they saw everyone around them as inferior for these reasons.

Plus, Perennelle is a Veela. For those of you who guessed it, you get a cookie. For those of you who didn't, you probably need to read up on your Harry Potter. I would suggest wikipedia.

Anyways, Perennelle is a Veela. It has already been shown in the original books that Veela are, by their nature, kind of haughty and arrogant. They are beings who are the epitome of female perfection, and they know this. Naturally, this would just add another reason why Perennelle feels she is above everyone else.

Vampire Princess?

Yes, the girl who Harry rescued is the vampire who will play an important roll in the story to come. While she won't play a large part in Harry Potter and the Heir of Slytherin, or even the third book, she will become a significant character in the fourth and fifth ones.

Someone suggested to me in a review that I should have not put her in this story until later. While that is not a bad suggestion per se, it's not a viable option either. There is a reason I introduced her now. That reason being that if I didn't, I would not have another chance to introduce her. The simple fact is, this was the ONLY time I could reasonably introduce her character without making it feel forced. There was just no other way.

Lisa Trolling.

A lot of people seem to have misinterpreted the scene between Harry and Lisa. That scene was put there for no other reason than comedy purposes. You don't honestly think Lisa would force Harry to buy her clothes, do you? My god people, you really need to stop taking everything that happens in this story so literally.

Now, I'm not going to try and force you guys to like Lisa. I personally like her, but then, I based her off one of my best friends, so I guess I'm biased. But at the very least, you guys should learn to understand why I have her in this story.

Next Chapter.

With all that out of the way, I can inform you guys that I am starting on the next chapter. I have already written 2,469 words, though I can't give an exact date on when the next update will come. I'm going to be working on my Ashikabi no Shinobi story as well, since I feel like I've been keeping fans of that story waiting for a new chapter long enough.

That being said, the update will probably some time within the next two weeks. Maybe. Provided life doesn't get in the way.