Saturday, May 18, 2013

A Writer in Need of an Artist

So I was looking at my stories, more specifically, the picture used on my profile that pops up when you click on my stories, and decided that I needed a proper book cover for them. At the very least, I want a book cover for my two Harry Potter stories.

Which is why I am posting this. As I do not have the time to make a book cover myself, I need someone else to do it for it me. I suppose you could call this a challenge to any and all artists.

Requirements for first year book cover:


  1. Must contain background drawing of Hogwarts Castle.
  2. Must contain drawings of Harry Potter and all of his friends, aka, Blaise, Daphne, Tracey, Neville, Hermione, Lisa Turpin, Lisa Crawft and Terry in foreground.
  3. Must contain drawings of Quirrelmort in background.
  4. Must contain the name of the Book somewhere where it won't interfere with the image of the cover.
Requirements for second year book cover:

  1. Must contain drawings of Harry Potter and Selene in the foreground with Harry's other friends (Blaise, Daphne, Tracey, Neville, Hermione, Lisa Turpin, Lisa Crawft and Terry) on either side and slightly behind.
  2. Must contain drawings of Nicolas and Perennelle Flamel somewhere in the background.
  3. Must contain Drawing of Tom Riddles Diary and a younger Tom Riddle somewhere in the background.
  4. Must contain the name of the book somewhere where it won't interfere with the image of the cover.
I do not particular care for what style you use. It can be either quasi realistic or anime styled paintings. 

The one(s) who wins the book cover painting challenges for either cover will get their name placed on my story, denoting that they are the ones who created the awesome book cover.

For more information, or to send an image of the book cover for either years 1 or 2, please email at varnell.brandon@gmail.com.