Friday, May 31, 2013

Nearing the Beginning of the End... or something like that.

Chapter 9 for Harry Potter and the Heir of Slytherin, or HPatHoS for short, is well on it's way to being complete. I believe I mentioned this, but this is the last chapter before the Hogwarts Express chapter, and then it's off to Hogwarts.

You may now get out the boos and celebrate. I even have a beer bong.

Speaking of my next chapter, it's a little long. I'm beginning to suspect it will be over 12,000 words by the time I finish. I seem to be writing more and more and more with each chapter I write. And when I say more and more and more I am talking about my word count for each chapter. I know there are a lot of people who feel I add unnecessary amounts of detail, and while they're probably correct in that regard, I enjoy writing this way so there.

Describing a scene in incredible detail, adding character inflections to make each person within the story their own unique individual, creating witty (or not) dialogue to add humor and blending it all together like some kind of half baked batch of marijuana brownies. Really, there's nothing quite as awe-inspiring as that.

No, I don't actually smoke, or do drugs. But I add drug humor because it's awesome.