Saturday, May 25, 2013

Posted

Alright, so I posted chapter 8 of Harry Potter and the Heir of Slytherin. I think it's a pretty interesting chapter and showcases how serious of a problem Harry is now facing, though I'll admit to being biased since it's my story, but whatever.

Anyways, you guys will have to tell me what you think.

On a side note, I figured I would tell you guys something interesting. I actually found this out a little while ago, before I started this blog, and can't believe I forgot to tell you guys.

So, I was wondering through Google, yes, Google, searching for my fanfic Harry Potter and the Gift of Memories to see if it was on any forums. I remember my first version of this story, Harry Potter's Rise to Power had gotten on some kind of forum, don't remember where, and a bunch of people who I don't think have ever written a story in their life were bashing it.

I'll admit, it was pretty amusing to read their comments, and I'll even admit they were kind of right. That story was lacking in many ways.

In either event, during my search for my story on Google, I ran into something interesting. It seems that someone had actually taken my story, literally copy and pasted it, and then tried to sell it as an Ebook online. Can you believe? Not only did they have the gall to steal my story, but they actually thought they could sell a fanfiction online and make money off a name that does not belong to them.

And did I forget the mention that the story was not finished? This guy had apparently tried to sell my fanfiction when it only had, like, 22 chapters in it. The story wasn't even complete! Not only did some idiot try to sell a fanfic, they also jumped the gun and tried to sell it when they only had 22 of the 29 chapters of the story.

Needless to say, I got that idiots crappy attempt at making money of the fanfic I wrote purged real quickly. I wonder if he actually thought he would get away with doing something like that?

It's guys like that who make me question humanities intelligence as a whole.