Friday, May 3, 2013

The home stretch

All of you should be pleased to know my next chapter is nearing completion. I'm on the very last scene. Not much to say about that, other than this chapter should be out sometime this weekend.

Aren't you all excited?

Anyways, I figured since I don't really have much to talk about in the way of Ashikabi no Shinobi, I would answer a concern someone had about my Harry Potter and the Heir of Slytherin story.

Two people have recently expressed concerned about how I had Harry just barge into the room and kill those two people who had 'killed' the vampire girl. One of them even went so far as to call my Harry a murderer.

For those of you who do a lot of reading, I'm sure you have heard the phrase "the first kill is always the hardest" yes? That was the 'theme' I used here when writing this scene.

Perhaps these two people didn't get the memo, or maybe they just skipped reading my first story Harry Potter and the Gift of Memories, but Harry has already made his first kill, technically his second. Harry killed Quirrel.

Now, I know what you are all going to say. Harry didn't really kill Quirrel, it was Voldemort that did him in. And while that is partially true (had Voldemort not been possessing him he would not have died just from having Harry touch him), it is also partially false. It may have been thanks to Voldemorts presence that caused Lily's protection to deal out harsh punishment to Quirrel, but it was still Harry who struck the killing blow. Ergo, Harry has already made his first kill. Second if you count him blowing up that trolls head.

Because of this, Harry already knows how to deal with the act of killing. Does it bother him? Maybe, but he's not going to let it get to him to much. As far as he is concerned, those two deserved dying for thinking about desecrating the corpse they just killed. You don't get much more disgusting than that.

Anyways, I believe that is enough for today so I'll be leaving all of you for now. Don't be afraid to leave a comment if you have one.