Saturday, June 29, 2013

Harry Potter Chapter 11 Q&A

Tsun: Selene will not be showing up again until Book 4, which I have yet to name. Her role in the Heir of Slytherin is over. I merely revealed her in this book because I had no feasible way to introduce her in Book 3 and I needed Harry to know her before Book 4.

HellFirePhoenix: It very well could. To be honest, Harry wasn't really thinking about how Lucius Malfoy will react to hearing that Harry went Palpatine on his son. He just saw Draco hurting his friends and sort of snapped.

Im Not Itachi, Zikarn Krais: In most cases you would be correct, but there are two things you need to remember. First, most of Harry's friends have already been introduced to violence. Remember, they were there when Harry blue up that troll's head. Second, these kids are Harry's friends. Unlike in Sacrificial Second Chance were Harry freaked out Hermione on the Hogwarts Express, all of the people here have had over a year to get to know Harry. They're not going to leave just because he does something frightening.

They might be wary of him for a while, but they won't push him away.

Lightning King: I suspect this story will be around 230,000 words, maybe a little over or a little under.

narutoDkurosaki: I can see why you might think that way, but I did not use medical ninjutsu found in Naruto as a base for Harry's healing magic. It's just that when I think of 'healing magic' in any capacity, I think green because that's usually the standard color found in video games (cura? Anyone?) and the like.

FleeingReality, AlsoKnownAsMatt: In reverse order, Selene was only partially based on Selene Gallio from Marvel, and Harry already suspects that Daphne might like him as something more than just a friend. However, because he doesn't have much experience with romance, he doesn't know for sure, and he's not going to ask her because he's only 12 and still holds to the mentality that there are more important things for him to worry about than romance. I will still add moments between them, as well as add moments with Harry and some of the other girls in his group, but romance won't truly kick off until halfway through Book 3.

nomad62: To settle your worry, I'm going to tell you right now that Harry is not going to be abused by any of the girls he is with.What I had between Nicolas and Perennelle and Mr. and Ms. Davis was purely put there for comedy purpose and for Harry to decide that if he ever became involved with someone, he would not let himself be pushed around like they were. I won't tell you anything more for fear of ruining the story, but I will tell you that much.

DarkPirateKing69: I wonder, does the 69 at the end of your penname stand for something... explicit? Well, anyways, to answer your first question, possibly. I plan on expanding the POVs to include a few people. I know that Susan will be getting a POV or two and so will Hermione, but I don't know if I'm going to give Daphne anymore as of yet. I might, if I can work it in, but I'm not going to force myself to write a POV from Daphne's perspective if all it's going to do is show her thoughts on something I've already shown or waste words. Unlike most authors who try to add as much as possible to add to their word count, I just write until I'm satisfied.

Now for your second question, I do have a few scenes that will feature Harry and Dumbledore holding a conversation, and I may even show what the Headmaster is doing to try and discover who the 'Heir of Slytherin' is, but other then that... well, you'll just have to wait and see.