Sunday, June 16, 2013

Namikaze's Return

Ok, people. I am here to talk to you all about my next big chapter, chapter 25 of Namikaze's Return.

I will admit, even though I am making decent progress with this chapter, it's a lot tougher to write than the ones for my other stories. The biggest problem, I think, is having character's who I have never really seen fight battle it out against Pain's paths.

A good example of this is Atsui and Samui. We only ever see them fight when they and Darui face off against Kinkaku and Ginkaku, and honestly, it's not much of a fight. Atsui only uses one jutsu and Samui doesn't do much of anything before they both get sucked up into that bottle, gourde thingy (can't remember it's name but whatever).

This means that I am essentially making their fighting styles from scratch, which is definitely an interesting process but very difficult to do. I'm trying to make their fighting styles different and also realistic. How strong should they be? What kind of fighters are they? Do they rely on deception? Or up front tactics and ninjutsu? What type of ninjutsu would they use? These are all things that need to be taken into account.

Still, in spite of my hardships I am making nice progress. I suspect I will be able to finish this chapter by Friday, hopefully. If not Friday it will be out sometime around Saturday at the latest.