Saturday, June 1, 2013

Some good news, some bad news.

Good News!

Harry Potter and the Heir of Slytherin, chapter 9 has now been posted. It is my longest chapter for this book to date at 14,000+ words. That's pretty damn long.

Perhaps not surprisingly, it had actually been a lot longer, but I didn't want to inundate you guys with a lot of unnecessary parts like what they did after getting their books at Flourish and Blotts, or the long, drawn out goodbyes everyone gave Harry. I figured what I have was good, it's long enough for you to read... in an hour or two, and should (hopefully) keep most people's attention.

Bad News! Well, semi-bad news. It's not necessarily bad so much as it is disappointing.

If you are on this blog, you're most likely a fan of mine. That, or you're here to mock me and tell me how much of an idiot I am, but hopefully you're a fan who enjoys reading my work. As I'm sure you all know, you guys have, I wanna say for the past few weeks or so, been enjoying my 2 chapters per week updates. One chapter for Harry Potter, and the other for one of my other stories. I'm sure you have all liked this so far. With so few people updating their own fanfics, my own updates are probably a bright ray of sunshine in your dull, every day lives.

Narcissistic, I know. Just roll with it. Nod your head once or whatever.

Anyways, I have a bit of bad news. I will no longer be updating 2 chapters per week.

Le gasp!

Now please don't panic. I didn't say I would be leaving you all for long extended periods of time with nothing but cyber dust gathering over my stories like some people I can name but will not because I'm not quite that much of an ass. I will still be updating, and hopefully I will be able to update one of my fics at least once a week. That's still more updates per week than most fanfic authors update in a month, or two, or three, or sometimes even a couple of years. I just can't keep this pace going anymore.

Don't know if you people know this, but there is life beyond this monitor, and unfortunately, when that life beckons you must heed it's call.

Do not fret though. I will still be updating this blog at least once a day, if only so I can add sarcastic comments and make fun of myself and others.