Monday, July 29, 2013

A few more questions to answer

A guest reviewer asked me an interesting question for chapter 12 the other day. He/She wrote: 

"I've never done any of those incredible feats mentioned in those stories," one Harry James Potter told the Daily Prophet in an exclusive interview. "In fact, I've never been out of the country before. After the Dark Lord's attack on my parents, I was removed from the magical community and given to my mother's muggle sister to care for me. Until I turned 11, I didn't even know magic was real."

I don't get why he would give statement like that in interview. I thought he was trying to win people Lord Greengrass and pureblood sections over. In this, he's telling, not only he has been living with muggles , he is also ignorant to their magical ways of life and traditions.


In their review. I say interesting because they bring up a good point, but one that, if you decided to think like a ninja, or Kakashi Hatake, and look underneath the underneath, you would be able to answer it yourself.


The reason Harry told them this was because that kind of information is something that would have come out eventually whether he wanted it to or not. In the first book, Harry had the advantage of anonymity, but with his entrance into the wizarding world that's no longer possible. Someone with the right amount of money, influence and political pull, like, say, Lucius Malfoy, could easily discover this information and use it against Harry, either as blackmail or to slander him and cast him in a bad light for trying to hide this fact from the magical community. By coming out and stating that he had lived with muggles and was ignorant of magic, he takes any advantage someone might have gained from him trying to hide this information away.


On the flipside, this will cause some of his support to waver, but it will be negligible at best. This is because even if Harry was raised by muggles, he has still proven to those who matter that he is not ignorant of their world when he showed up at the New Year Gala. 


In fact, they would be even more impressed by him because he apparently learned so much about their world after only being in it for six months. It shows he understands the importance of their traditions and laws and wants to be a positive influence.


There is also the simple fact that he is Harry Potter, The-Boy-Who-Lived and Heir to the Ancient and Most Noble House of Potter. Those two titles right there will mean people will follow him with a near sycophantic fanaticism no matter what.


I hope that answered your question. And now, I have a question for all of you. Do you guys think my Harry Potter is a Gary Stu? I'm curious because someone mentioned they could no longer read my story due to Harry being too perfect. I don't see it personally, but I'm also biased since I wrote the story. What do you guys think?