Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Dun, dun, dun!

I know the title is really dramatic and everything, but unfortunately, as eye catching as the title to this post is, I don't have too much to say.

Life in Arizona is a rather boring existence unless you're living in a place where interesting things tend to happen. Unfortunately, where I live, nothing interesting ever happens so it's dreadfully dull. Basically, my day is as follows: Get up, go to the gym, go to work, hang out with friends or go home and write fanfiction after work depending on what I feel like doing. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. As I said, a boring existence.

I think the only differences in my routine are that I also apply to different jobs online as a Freelance writer. Of course, getting a job as a freelancer is difficult. I have only heard one response from the 32 companies I've emailed, and that company just emailed me to tell me that, while my work is good, I wasn't going to be hired because I lack experience in the field.

I found this funny because I don't know how I can get experience if people don't give me a job to gain said experience from. The only thing I've been able to do so far is post articles on free sites like Amazenes.com.

My lack of employ in the field I'm trying to get into aside, the most interesting event that will be happening here since Comicon won't happen until September 22nd. Don't know if any of you guys have ever listened to Kamelot, but they're one of my favorite bands and happen to be coming to Tempe.

If you want to listen to them, I've posted a music video of a song off their newest Album down below. Their sort of a dark band that mixes gothic metal with classical music, which I think is pretty awesome.