Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Favorite Pairings

Everybody has their favorite pairings for their favorite characters in various anime, books, manga, television series, movies and videogames. I myself have several, some of which are so strongly ingrained into me that I can't stand seeing these characters with anyone but each other.

I will admit, that a part of the reason I first started reading fanfiction was to read stories where specific couples got together because I was dissatisfied with how some of the anime I loved watching ended. Sometimes it was just that the endings were very ambiguous and the characters didn't seem to be any closer at the end than they were at the beginning, other times the characters I wanted to get together didn't get together at all. Fanfiction became my way of reading about these couples getting together.

I will also admit to being a shipper. I will only read a certain fanfiction with a certain pairing or pairings. A good example is Gundam Seed and Seed Destiny. I cannot read a fanfiction where Kira and Lacus do not get together. I just can't. It's the same for a few other pairings as well.

Because I didn't have anything better to speak about, I have decided to write a list of couples who I feel just can't be broken apart:

Kira X Lacus
Link X Zelda
Victoria X Kujo
Edward Elric X Winry
Kazuma X Ayano
Asuna X Kirito

Well, it't not as large as I originally thought it was. These are just the couples I don't really like seeing with anyone else. Other pairings I can usually deal with. Like Naruto. I don't mind seeing him paired with any girl so long as their names are not Sakura or Hinata. Same with Harry Potter. I can read a story where he is paired with just about anyone (female) so long as they are not Ginny Weasley or Hermione Granger.

Are their any couples you guys can't stand to see broken apart?