Saturday, July 27, 2013

HP, Book 2, Chapter 13, Q&A

Yana5: No. That was the age I was when I first started 'checking out girls' as you call it. I don't see why someone who is a lot more mature than I was at that age and going through puberty wouldn't start looking at girls.

ElDani: That's because compared to people like Harry and Daphne, Tracey is very much a child. She's also the loudest and brashest one of the bunch. Unlike Susan who is shy, Neville who is under confident, Blaise who is quiet and observant, Hannah who is talkative but polite, Lisa who is for all intents and purposes normal, and Terry who often presents a small focal point to Tracey when arguing, she is the loudest and has the least amount of restraint when speaking. Don't worry though, she will eventually grow up, but right now, she's just a 12 year old kid. Try not to be too hard on her character because of that.


DarkPirateKing69, perses7x: That was the first and last time I will ever go into that much detail for an exercising regime. In fact, I would be surprised if I mentioned it anymore other than in passing. I only added it there because I wanted you, the reader, to know they would be doing it, and I wrote it in detail because I'm a detail oriented writer. 


0 Jordino 0, Heart of Virgo: I read your reviews and agreed with them. I honestly didn't really think about just how big the Black Lake is. To be honest, since Rowling never mentioned how big it was, I never really thought about it. Anyways, I changed it to Susan completing 2, Daphne completing 1 1/2, Neville finishing 1 and Hermione doing about 1/2. Harry, of course, did 5, which I think is about good.


Tsun: The reason Susan didn't get a POV of her own was because it wasn't plot important. Daphne's thoughts actually contain a good deal of information on one of the many side plots running alongside the main story. Basically, it mentions her internal struggle between what her father wants vs. what she wants and gives a bit of information in her own internal struggle.


Edmond O'Donald: Actually it's 'Neville and I'. That's the proper English way of writing it. Harry Potter, as an incredibly intelligent and literate young man, would use proper grammer. Anyone else would have used 'Neville and me', but not Harry.


Dante 101: I will admit, I may have gone a little overboard on Harry's work out routine. I think a part of the reason is because I'm very religious when it comes to exercising. I go to the gym five days a week, Monday through Friday, every morning at exactly 4:00 am when the gym I have a membership to first opens. And I've been doing this for 6 years now. Exercise has literally been an integral part of my life and something that not only helps me stay in shape, but also makes me feel good after each work out. I have more energy, I'm happier and I'm just in general a better person to be around than if I didn't go to the gym. On top of that, I don't need caffeine to wake up (because exercise actually wakes people up by getting the blood flowing and releasing endorphins into the bloodstream), which means I save a ton of money on coffee and tea. So yeah, as you can see I'm a bit exercise obsessed.


By the way, I'm impartial to cheddar.


Concluding Statements: So here is something funny for you guys to read. I was looking through my reviews because, well, I needed to know who was asking questions for me to answer and what those questions were when I ran into an anonymous reviewer named Billy. I doubt this is his real name but whatever. Anyways, Billy wrote a review stating this:


"I'm unsubsrcibing from update alerts for this story. The pedophilia is to unrelenting, and I don't want to read it."


Now, I took 2 things away from this. The first was that he's a coward. He wrote that he was 'unsubscribing' in his review, meaning he has an account but chose not to use it to tell me this. Only a coward would write a review that could be taken badly by the author anonymously when they have an account.


For those of you who know me and those of you who don't, I will never get angry at you for stating an honest opinion so long as it's done in a respectful manner. If you tell me that you can't read my story anymore because it has something you don't like I'll be disappointed, but I'll understand. I won't get mad. I won't throw a hissy fit. I'm not that kind of guy.


The second thing I took away was his mention of pedophilia. Now, pedophilia is described as an adult (meaning 18 years or older), having a sexual interest in prepubescent children.


Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was very sure that Harry is 12, meaning he is still a prepubescent child. That would mean that this story did not have any pedophilia, unless the laws have changed since I last looked them up, which admittedly was never. I'm not particularly enamored with the bodies of children so I wouldn't know.