Sunday, July 14, 2013

Something interesting

I was looking at my profile the other day. Why? I don't know. I guess I was bored. Anyways, when I was looking, I went down to where all my stories were kept and noticed something interesting.

I don't know how many people try to keep their word counts for all the chapters in their stories consistent, though I do know most people try to keep all the chapters for all their stories around the same amount of words. One thing I noticed about mine is that they don't. In fact, if you look at some of my stories, you'll notice some have ridiculously large word counts for how many chapters they have, while others are smaller.

A good example would be to compare Ashikabi no Shinobi with Gift of Memories. Ashikabi no Shinobi has over 400k words, and my chapters can be anywhere from 12,000 to 22,000 words. It also only has 26 chapters. Gift of Memories, on the other hand, has over 230k words, is only 30 chapters, and the chapter range is 4,500 to 12,000 words.

Of course, this is all pretty nonsensical and doesn't really mean much. I just thought I would share it with you.