Thursday, September 19, 2013

Been Gone for a while.

Looks like I should make another apology. I haven't been updating this blog nearly as much as I should have. I would like to say I was just too busy to do anything, but the truth is I just got an extreme case of the lazies.

That, and I've also been on an anime binge this last week. I must have watched at least 6 different animes. Granted, all of them only had, like, one 12 episode season, but that's still a lot of anime. Overall, I watched Campione, Demon King Daimao, Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari, the first and second season of Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? and Nyan Koi.

Out of all the anime I watched, I think my favorite was definitely Campione. Some of the others were good, but this one I felt was the best. There were two reasons for this, A) the main female heroine, Erica Blandelly is fucking awesome. She's a really hot, blond haired, blue eyed Italian girl with one of the most devious minds I have ever seen, but is also completely devoted to the main character even though he's completely clueless. And B) unlike every other anime I watched last week, this was the only one that had clear cut romance, even if it was harem romance. 

That's actually something I kind of hate about anime. Almost every romance genre anime I have watched is so god damn open ended that I'm left with an extreme sense of disappointment. Seriously, they always end in one of several ways: everything goes back to the way it was at the beginning of the anime (with the exception that all the characters introduced are now there), and the main protagonist is once more a punching bag for the girl(s) in the story, or the main protagonist and his love interest are 'together' but you can't tell because they don't act any differently. 

This was actually the reason I got into fanfiction in the first place. I wanted to actually see, or read about, my favorite characters getting together, rather then having these endings where I'm left scratching my head and wondering what happened between the hero and his love interest(s).

Anyways, aside from my mass anime binge, I did do some writing. All of you can expect an update to Heir of Slyhterin this Friday, which is currently the easiest story for me to write. After that I am going to try and write something for Ashikabi no Shinobi. I have a very vague idea on what I want to write for this coming arc, but it's difficult to get out because I have no clue how I want to write it. Therefore it might take a while to actually write.