Monday, September 2, 2013

Progress on two fronts

Hello all. This post is really just a quick update for you guys so that you know where I am with both my story and fanfics.

For my original novel, I am pleased to say that I've finished my first revision. I spent a good deal of time reading through my story again and it's now up to a respectable 78,282 words with a total of 20 chapters. Not bad if I do say so myself. I've also gotten a start on my second revision, which I will be going through by chapter, basically rereading each chapter twice to check for grammar and spelling errors, as well as adding things that I feel will enhance the story and cutting out things I feel are unnecessary or detract from the story.

After that it will be off to my step mom, who has a Major in English and will be looking over my chapters. I hope to have my story all revised and edited by next month, after which I'm going to work on getting my story published.

As for my fanfics, I am currently working on the next chapter in my Harry Potter story, the Heir of Slytherin. For some reason, it's easier for me to write for that story at the moment, probably because my muse is simply enjoying what I'm doing in that story than it is in my other stories. It's shaping up to be a smaller chapter than some of my other ones, I don't think it will go past 8,000 words, but I'm trying not to let the word count dictate my stories.

All that being said, I should have it finished and posted by this Friday. So it looks like you guys won't be suffering from a lack of updates due to my original story written yet.

On a side note, I just learned that John Williams, the guy who composed the music for all six Star Wars movies, will be returning to do the same with episode VII.

And since I am on Star Wars right now, I have two clips that I thought were interesting and/or funny and decided to share them with you:


And: