Sunday, October 27, 2013

Shifts in Life

A few people have expressed some displeasure at my use of side arcs and movies for my more recent chapters.

I can understand why they would not like that, since the side arcs really don't have much to do with the main story. At the same time, I've never been the type to leave something out if I felt it was important. And Naruto's development as a character is very important.

One of the things that needs to be understood is that it's the arcs themselves that is important, but how Naruto is developing. These chapters are there in order to show Naruto growing into himself. I suppose you could consider them the 'coming of age' arcs. They're all about character development as opposed to story plot.

If this does not please you, well, there is very little I can do about that. You can either grin and bare it, or you can stop reading.

With that being said, since I am sure some of you are curious to know where I am going with these arcs, I will give you a spoiler.

I am sure some of you have noticed Naruto's growing reluctance with women from the Cursed Warrior arc. This is due to his growing concerns over his immortality. After all, what's the point of falling in love and getting married if the woman you are with is just going to die several decades later? One of the reasons for having these 'training period' arcs is to help Naruto get over himself and allow girls like Yugito and Tenten into his life without angsting over his immortality like a certain blond-haired, blue-eyed cynic in one of my other stories.

There will be three arcs to this 'training period'. The Cursed Warrior's arc, The Guardians of the Crescent Moon Kingdom, and Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow. These three arcs have been put here mainly so that Naruto's character can be further developed in the direction I want him to go.