Saturday, February 22, 2014

Artist Sandara

Hades and Perephone


If you didn't catch on to who these two are from the title of the painting, this is a depiction of Hades and Persephone from Greek Mythology. I chose this as my first review because the artwork is simply amazing and stuck out at me when I saw it. I'm not much of a color theorist, but I love the contrasting of light and dark colors between Hades and Persephone. It does a very accurate job of depicting them: Hades, who is the lord of the dead and ruler of the underworld, and Persephone, the innocent young goddess he tricked into staying with him. It also has a different depiction of how we normally see Hades. Most of the time, Hades is often shown as a person who looks like death warmed over. This guy's sort of like a Dark-elf version of a Bishounen pretty-boy...in armor.

You can find this image on Deviantart: http://sandara.deviantart.com/art/hades-and-persephone-2-210920648 and I believe the artist is selling this image on: http://society6.com/sandara/Hades-and-Persephone-s41_Laptop-Skin#2=51 in various forms such as a laptop skin, iphone and ipod cases, cards, prints and coffee mugs.