Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Ashikabi no Shinobi, Chapter 28

Chaper 28
So, this won't be so much a Q&A as it will be me just making some general comments. There were not a lot of people who actually asked a specific question this time, making a Q&A a tad difficult.
To start, a good number of people have mentioned how cold Naruto was towards Haruka. One of the things that I've made a point of inferring in my story is that Naruto is not only fairly cynical when it comes to life and humanity in general, but he's also pretty apathetic towards their plight. He has made it a point to involve himself with humanity as little as possible and goes out of his way to avoid any kind of human contact that does not involve one night stands. This means he really doesn't care about Haruka or his plight enough to help him.
Another factor you must look at is that Naruto decided in a previous chapter to be a good Ashikabi. In his mind, an Ashikabi is sort of like a Hokage in that they look after those who are under them. In this case, Kusano, Homura, Matsu, Musubu and Tsukiumi are his Sekirei, the ones he is tasked with looking after and caring for. Haruka and Kuno are not his Sekirei, therefore he has no obligation to help them.
What's more, Naruto has very little in the way of morals, so he isn't just going to help someone because it's 'the right thing to do'. He doesn't care about doing the right thing. Right and wrong no longer hold any meaning for him.
The truth of the matter is Naruto could help them escape. Hell, he could defeat the entire Disciplinary Squad on his own. He just doesn't want to because he doesn't care. It doesn't matter to him if Haruka and Kuno are forced to fight in the Sekirei Plan or if one of them are killed. They mean nothing to him. Why should he go out of his way to help two people who he feels absolutely nothing for?
Someone also mentioned Uzume and how Naruto helped her. I would like to state that Naruto also knows Uzume on a more personal level. He also benefited from helping her: he learned more about Higa, who had already tried subverting him to his cause. He had taken away one of Higa's pawns (Uzume), weakening his position and ability to operate covertly. And he had taken several of Higa's Sekirei out of the game. If he helped Haruka, he might be able to defeat the Disciplinary Squad, but that might not benefit him because he has no way of predicting what Minaka will do in the event of their defeat.
Now this is an answer to a direct question. DarkPirateKing69 asked me about my A/N where I mentioned that this was not all I had originally intended to write for this chapter. What I meant when I said 'this chapter was going to be longer' was that I had originally planned on writing more, but because I had already gone over 2 weeks without updating and couldn't think of how to write the rest of this chapter, decided to end it there and write the rest later on when I have a better idea of how I want to write the rest.
Lastly, some people have mentioned on this blog that they feel I have given up on a story because it hasn't been update in months.
To start, the only story that has not been updated in months, and please note the plural, is Birth of the New Demon King. The others have all been updated within or near the last two months, with Shifts in Life being the one that has gone the longest without an update. Considering there are fanfic authors out there who will not even update one story for 2-12 months, I like to think I have a pretty decent update time. It's also only been recently that I have stopped updating stories once a week, and that is simply due to a combination of me trying to find a new job and focusing on my original story, which I want to get published soon.
And while it is true that Harry Potter has been updated more than any other, that is simply because I have more ideas for Harry Potter than I do any other story. I can only write what my muse tells me to write. If you force yourself to write for a story, the chapter written will turn out horribly.
You can't force these things. Writing is as much of an artform as painting is; it requires patience, motivation and a clear image of what you want to write in your mind. If you don't have these things, you won't write a good story.
I want it known now that none of my stories are being abandoned. If they were, I would have posted an A/N saying that the story is being abandoned, much like Gavedin did with many of his recently. As I have not, you can take that to mean all of my stories are still going to be continued.

On a side note, I am thinking of updating either Shifts in Life or Gaia's Sennin. I have not decided yet.