Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Ashikabi no Shinobi, Chapter 29

Chapter 29
Arthain: Well, you do what you feel you have to. I'll be disappointed, of course, but if you don't feel you can ready my story anymore, then I don't want you forcing yourself to continue.
Grey vs Ale: I'm glad to know you like those moments. It's always very difficult to write for Akitsu because she is so dang silent, so I often have trouble writing her. Still, I think I did a pretty good job here.
Ryubimaru, dracopoet, AgelessWolf, lostsoldierS636: My original novel is called American Kitsune, A Fox's LoveI don't know when it will be out, but I am hoping before my birthday on March 19th.
Random Reviewer: I find it funny that you are saying something like "Teens from those places aren't the horribly socially inept otaku/john-every-man you see in like 99% of harem-comedy stories. Those countries tend to overly sexualize everything and teens from those places are a lot less likely to "freeze up" when a hot girl propositions them and a lot more likely to be doing it like rabbits the moment they realize the girl is willing to do it with them.
In short while it was written somewhat decently the concept falls flat. Or rather it's so over-done that even if the guy *was* one of those horribly socially inept otaku it *still* wouldn't be all that interesting to read about and it would be pretty much nothing more than a retread of every other harem-comedy written in that style." while reading a fanfiction about a harem-anime-crossover. The irony of your statement nearly made me cry from laughing so hard, especially because you've apparently read 29 chapters and over 400,000+ words of a harem fanfiction while telling me this.
Just so you know, if stories like mine were not popular, then those "99% of harem-comedy stories" would never get dubbed and sold in other languages. The fact that you have anime like Highschool DxD, Girls Bravo, Sekirei, Heavens Lost Property, Shuffle and Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero (just to name a few) tells me that a story like mine actually would be popular if I managed to reach the right target audience in mine. Namely, anyone who enjoys anime, manga and Japanese Pop Culture.
It also means that, though my story might not be the first of its kind, it's still unique simply because it's an American Novel that is basing its plot along the lines of a Japanese Light Novel.
Cyborg500: Well, I can't answer the question about Miya without spoiling the story, but I will tell you that lemons are coming soon. In fact, my first lemon will be right after this next arc.
NeroYagyuu: You have a very interesting idea. I can't say much, since I don't want to give too much away, but I can tell you that I have a plan for Minaka, and it's not dissimilar to what you've suggested, though, it's still very different.
Minstral Savant: Truth be told, I am not a fan of using Kusano as emotional blackmail either, but there really aren't that many ways to convince Naruto that he should help Haruka and Kuno. I'll admit that I am using Kusano as something of a Plot Device here, though, I think it was pretty well done because it's actually something she would do (if you watched the anime then you'll know that Kusano actually does the same thing to Tsukiumi when Minato agrees to help Haruka).
I do hope you'll forgive the blackmailing. It was not meant to come across as emotional blackmail, but simply Kusano reminding Naruto of who he once was; someone that was always willing to lend a hand to people in need.
Quelthias: I understand your concerns about this chapter. I imagine there were a few people who were not happy with my decision to have Naruto help Haruka and Kuno. I'll answer your questions in the order they were given:
1. No, they do not have papers, an identity, an alibi or anything else, but Naruto can get those for him. Don't forget, he has his own spy network and several thousand workers from various governments in his pocket.
2. The reason for that is a combination of things. The first is that Naruto is currently training himself, the second is something that I don't want to spoil, but will be revealed after the escape from Shinto Teito arc.
3. You want the truth? In all honesty, there is no strategic purpose for helping these two. He 'says' it's to test the abilities of his Sekirei, but the real reason is because he does not want to disappoint Akitsu, Kusano and Musubi... and Homura too, I guess. Notice how every time someone has come to him for help, or he has seen someone in need of help (Akitsu, Uzume and Chiho), he has rendered them aid. Despite his reluctance and desire to not get involved or help others, it is simply in Naruto's nature to help people.
If you want to learn more about Naruto's character, go to tvtropes.org and look up who wants to live forever?, refusal of the call and heroic neutral. These are just a few of the tropes that Naruto falls under.
Guest: You have obviously never read a light novel before. Just so you know, Japanese light novels are a lot like that. Point in fact, a good deal of the more recent popular anime that has come out like Highschool DxD and Aesthetic of a Rogue Hero, both of which are "generic harem anime #56" types, as you call them, started off as light novels.
And the only reason a story like mine is not professional quality is because I don't have a couple editors editing the crap out of my story. You think an author can write, edit and proofread their own work? You obviously know jack squat about the publishing business, my friend. Not that I blame you for this. I've done a lot of research into publishing. Also, my story is based on Japanese Pop Culture, so the 'ufufufu' is actually there for a reason.

narutoDkurosaki: You are mistaking a trope for a cliche. Just so you know, tropes and cliche's are not the same thing. To quote tvtropes "Tropes are devices and conventions that a writer can reasonably rely on as being present in the audience members' minds and expectations. On the whole, tropes are not clichés. The word clichéd means "stereotyped and trite." In other words, dull and uninteresting." meaning that so long as the story is interesting, engaging and brings something new to the table, it is not cliched.