Friday, May 30, 2014

Devil Ninja, Chapter 5

High School DxD Q&A for Chapter 5
Son of Helios: I do eventually plan on going over how Naruto arrived in this world, at least vaguely. I'm not going to outright tell you the “how” because I feel it would be better to leave the details up to you, the readers, but I will give you enough information to let your imaginations run wild with all kinds of awesome and implausible scenarios.
I have to disagree. I think if someone like Rias or Koneko asked him about his powers, he would be more than willing to tell them. This Naruto isn't all secretive and shinobi-like. This is a slightly more mature and wise version of canon Naruto, and canon Naruto is an open book who's almost always completely honest.
Shuredda Sora: Of course Naruto's a little OC. First off, this is fanfiction. Every Naruto in Naruto fanfiction is going to be slightly OC. It's impossible for someone who isn't Kishimoto to create an exact replica of Naruto. Second, my Naruto has already been through the fourth great shinobi war, so he's a bit more mature than canon Naruto.
Who said anything about love at first sight? Naruto is devoted to Rias because she gave him a second chance and a goal: to become the strongest devil in the world. In some ways, Naruto was like a more cheerful version of Haku after ending up in the High School DxD world, in which case, Rias is like Zabuza here. She gave him a purpose, a reason to exist. Hence his devotion to her.
Rias' affection for Naruto makes even more sense. First, all members of the Gremory clan are very affectionate towards their servants. Second, Naruto is a mystery that she wants to solve. She knows she's beautiful, she knows of the effect she has on men. She is trying to use her feminine wiles to get close to Naruto and figure him out. It just so happens that Naruto is such a bright and likable character that she's slowly beginning to fall for him.
Biotechnus: Raynare died. Rias killed her, just like in canon. That's why I didn't show it.
ImagineBreaker7: You can be sure that Naruto leaving Mittelt and her companion alive will have some impact on future chapters. I'm not going to say much, because I don't want to ruin the story, but I can tell you that these two will have a role to play in the future. I never do anything without there being some kind of deeper motivation behind it.
Hikaru no Suzaku: Yes, his stats are almost reversed now. And normally, that would be the case, his Uzumaki heritage would ensure he has massive reserves. What most people fail to realize is that Naruto's chakra coils were destroyed, not just damaged, not ruined, destroyed. When Naruto entered the High School DxD universe, his chakra coils were gone, utterly gone, as if they had never existed in the first place. Rias managed to reverse this with her healing and now he has chakra coils, but she couldn't completely reverse the damage done to him so his coils are much smaller than they used to be. Ergo, he has the reserves of an above average genin on the level of Sasuke Uchiha when the Naruto anime first started.
Akuma-Heika: At the moment, no, Naruto cannot use the Rasengan. He will eventually though, just not right now. He doesn't have enough chakra.
And Rias does not have an extra piece. She traded in two pawns, in return she got a mutated pawn piece and Naruto's piece. That means she only has the traditional fifteen piece set.
0 Jordinio 0: I'm sorry to hear you don't like the romance, but I'm going to let you know it's not going away any time soon. You say the romance feels forced, unnatural and cheesy. I say you're imposing your own dislike of romance onto my story. Something you need to really understand is that romance ALWAYS feels kind of cheesy. When your dealing with all that lovey dovey stuff, it's going to feel cheesy to anybody who is uncomfortable reading stuff like that. The fact that you mentioned it tells me you're uncomfortable with romance. There's nothing wrong with that, but it still means you're imposing your own desire to see less romance in my fic simply because you do not like reading romance. Even your claim that you think I'm better at writing action than romance is you imposing your own desires on me.
I'm going to be honest here, I am a hopeless romantic. I love romance. I love reading about it. In my stories, romance always plays a key role because I enjoy the romantic aspects more than any other part of my story. I enjoy the actions and drama and epic fights too, of course, but those parts would get boring for me if I did not have the romance. I suppose in some ways you could say that you and I are opposites. I like romance, you don't, and that's okay. However, because I am the writer, I am going to continue writing romance. If you don't like it, I'm sorry to hear that, but it's not going to change.
All my fanfics are given the genre Romance/Adventure because the romance is just as important as everything else. Keep that in mind when you read my fics.

Blckwlf4: Naruto is taller than Rias.